There’s nothing a car owner hates more than needing to repair their beloved vehicle. It’s a massive inconvenience to their daily routine, no matter how small or large the repair, and is often the result of negligence — sometimes their own negligence, but not always.
Some car repairs are easy to stomach. They don’t keep your car in the shop for too long and won’t surprise you with a hefty bill from the mechanic. Other car repairs aren’t as friendly and cause an enormous amount of strain on an individual’s life.
If your car repair is too much to handle, you likely need a company willing to give cash for junk cars Philadelphia residents don’t want anymore.
So, what are the most expensive car repairs?
There are thousands of things that could go wrong with your vehicle and they often happen without warning — though a majority of them are preventable. Let’s take a look at some of the most expensive car repairs that might reshape your interest in the vehicle:
- Engine Replacement or Rebuild – can cost anywhere from $2,000-$7,000.
- Head Gasket Replacement – costs anywhere from $1,000-$1,500.
- Transmission Replacement or Rebuild – costs around $5,000.
- Bent Frame or Broken Steering Rack – the bent frame costs up to $10,000 and the steering rack anywhere from $1,000-$2,000.
- Airbag Replacement – can cost around $3,000 to replace.
While these are some of the most expensive car repairs, it doesn’t always mean you should sell the vehicle. At the same time, it doesn’t always mean you should repair it. Believe it or not, there are a multitude of factors that play a role in this decision.
Should You Repair or Sell the Vehicle?
Have you ever watched the game show Deal or No Deal? Part of the game is guessing the right briefcase, but the other part of the game is knowing when to take the deal and sell your briefcase. It’s the same decision many car owners are faced with daily.
Don’t worry, we buy junk cars Philadelphia residents are fed up with and we ensure the best payouts around!
Like we mentioned above, there are a variety of factors that play a role in this decision — to sell or repair the vehicle.
Let’s take a look at the most prominent ones:
- Age of the Vehicle – the older your car gets, the more it depreciates in value. If the car is currently worth $3,000 cash and the repair costs $4,000, you might want to sell.
- Previous Damage – the more damage a vehicle has, the less safe it is to drive. At a certain point, it’s time to find a new vehicle.
- Cost of the Car – owners that spent a lot of money on their vehicle might consider repairing it, but that might not be the case with cheaper vehicles.
- Type of Repair – the type of repair is often the most important because it determines the cost of the repair and how long it takes to complete.
After carefully thinking through their options, many car owners end up deciding they’re better off looking to sell junk car for cash in Philadelphia. It’s not the ideal situation, but it’s sometimes the best option.
Of course, that would require someone willing to buy junk cars Philadelphia residents don’t want anymore — and that’s where we come in! At Philly Cash for Cars, we provide the best service to our friendly neighbors and can’t wait to do the same for you!